Saturday, January 23, 2016

Restless...

It's the best word I can come up with to describe how my spirit has been feeling as of late. I've been hitting the gym quite often to help sweat out some of that restlessness. Sweating seems to help in so many ways. But the feeling is still there.

Our family schedule is more full of activities and commitments than it has ever been for the winter months. The restlessness is not from a lack of things to keep me busy. If anything, I'd love a little more downtime than our current schedule allows.

This evening our family made a spur of the moment decision to head into the big city for dinner downtown followed by a stop at a new to us coffee and comics shop. As we walked down the cold city streets, past larger than life graffiti street art from an event held last year, into a space hosting independent art work alive with activity from events being held in the area, for a short bit that internal restlessness was quieted.



I am not a city girl. My heart will always live in the wide open spaces of the countryside. I'm always a bit amazed at how quickly a little visit to the city can help quiet the restlessness. Apparently there's more that connects the wide open spaces of the country side with the hustle and bustle of the city than we realize.

At least that seems to be what my spirit recognizes.


peace

No comments: