Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Darkness...

January is a dark month.

  • Days are short.
  • The weather is cold. Today was so cold my nose hairs immediately froze on my first breath each time I walked outside to travel to my next destination.

It's safe to say January and I are NOT friends.

This January seems to be proving to be a rougher ride for me emotionally. We've had many cloudy and grey days as of late. Our family schedule is chocked full of activities and commitments. I'm really trying to keep my eyes turned to the light. These past few days the darkness has been winning the battle. It's a reminder that I need to be better about telling those close to me what I need to help keep things light. Asking for help is not one of my strengths.

In October I took advantage of a special deal to rejoin our local gym. I'm thankful that spending 2-3 hours there a week has simply become a habit this winter. Even with the recent set back of shin splints, I know my gym time this winter has been an important part of keeping a more positive perspective on the temporary state of darkness that January, and winter in general, drapes over life.

Only 67 days until spring...


peace

No comments: