Thursday, January 3, 2013

Illusions...


I've decided managing our finances is a lot like practicing yoga. I work diligently at it, knowing it's a slow, gradual growth project. Gradually I start to feel like we're getting on top of things, like we've reached some sense of order and control. Then life steps up and smacks me in the back to the head, reminding me that a sense of control is but an illusion.

Yesterday I went to my 2nd of what will be 5 dentists over the course of 2.5 months. Apparently I'm making up for 5 years worth of absence from the dental chair all in one quarter. In the end I know it is work that has needed to be done to save 1 of my teeth. But when I look at what we will be paying out of pocket by the time it's all said and done, I start to wonder if 1 tooth is really worth THAT much.

I guess I will make a point to smile big more to show off my new investment. Either that or I'm going to ask for naming right to that dental chair.


peace

No comments: