Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Really Brain?

I had pretty much made up my mind that this spring/summer I would be doing whatever I could to figure out a new income generating situation come next fall that better aligns with my long term professional interests and leaves me filling less frustrated and like I've made more of a positive impact on the world around me at the end of the day. And then last night, having been invited by the family of a student who made the switch from our public 5th grade to home schooling mid year, I attended the local home school share fair...


I had no idea what to expect when I walked into the gym where the fair was being held. I left 75 minutes later so proud and so excited for the kids who took the time to prepare a project and introduction for the fair. Presenters as young as 1st grade, and as old as 11th, who were all so excited, engaged, and engaging. Project from baking, sewing, and Legos to the human circulatory system, Egypt, and stop motion animation. I left once again excited to have witnessed what I truly believe education should be...a FUN celebration of learning!

And now I don't know what I want to do about my income generating situation...


peace

1 comment:

MS said...

Argh!!!