Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bumps in the Road...

Sometimes I wonder if people in my life, and especially those who only know me through reading this blog, wonder if I'll ever get my shit together or if our lives will always be this crazy bumpy road of ups and downs. Sometimes I wonder that myself. Though I also wonder if my life is really full of more ups and downs than other peoples', or if it just feels like that because I'm the one living through my bumps. I'm guessing we all have our share of bumps to navigate, and that we all have our own level of comfort when it comes to sharing our individual travel logs.

I hit one of those unexpected bumps this weekend in regards to my business. I hope it's nothing more than that...a bump...though it has caused me to recalculate the direction of my travels a bit. After initial disappointment, and a little anger, and a bottle of red wine, I'm at peace with what's happened and the new map that has started to form to keep me moving towards my desired destination. At least I think it's peace...sometimes I wonder if it's just a numbness that has started to take over from too much off roading. I don't yet know all the twists and turn that may be involved with the recent changes, but I at least feel like I'm still moving forward. In the end I'd rather encounter a few bumps in the road than go through live without a few lofty hopes and dreams to travel towards.

Regardless of the bumps I never lose sight of how blessed I am to have amazing traveling partners. It is because of them that I just keep on keeping on. Mixed in with all the business related lows of the weekend were just the right amount of family related highs. Such as our Friday night Earth Day family date to the Des Moines Botanical Center...


...followed by dinner out...


...and ended with a visit to the book store...



We spent Easter at home, just the 4 of us...plus a dozen eggs looking for some coloring action. (Actually only 10 eggs made it to coloration stage. Two cracked during the cooking stage and were consumed as "test eggs" by quality control.)



These were seriously the brightest eggs we have ever colored. Same $2 color kit as last year, way brighter results!


Our bold, bright eggs have been a welcome cheer in contrast to the grey, wet and cold that has been the predominate weather theme of the past 10 days. I hear that summer is on it's way...one month from today another school year will draw to a close and I have two little fishies already counting the days until the pool opens. I for one just want a chance to pedal a few miles down a real road (versus the metaphorical one that launched this post) this SPRING before I exchange my kid free afternoons for kid filled days. Whatcha say Mr. Sun, wanna come out to play?


peace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some bright eggs!

Laurie said...

It's been a bumpy time for me, too, but I kind of use my blog as an escape from it all. LOVE your bright, cheery Easter eggs. And spring...when it finally decided to come to Ohio, it brought endless rain and storms with it. Ugh... I filled my nose with the scent of the neighbor's lilacs before the next storm rolled in.

Jane said...

Your photos are lovely. I hope that you can work through your lows.