Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tiny Pink Feet...

On a cold, snowy, lazy January day, I knit these adorable baby booties (Ravelry pattern link) for a little girl who we knew would be making her entrance into the world this month. Since that day they had been sitting on our living room book shelves, looking cute, but still needing buttons. Then the day before Valentine's day we got word that baby was on her way! After breakfast and coffee I took the 10 minutes to sew on buttons...and then spent twice as long taking pictures of the cuteness...





Friday evening we had the chance to go snuggle the special little recipient.




As you can see, we were all quite taken by her.

(And for the first time in a LONG time I left with a hint of that maternal instinct that makes me wonder if we are indeed done having kids. I'm pretty sure that answer is yes...but it's amazing how strong the urge to mother a tiny being again becomes when I spend a little bit of time with one!)

Congrats Matt and Jess! Welcome to the blessed life of being a family.


peace

2 comments:

Jane said...

What a beauty! And those are darn cute booties!

kshotz said...

Precious! All around....