Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kindness...

I love how the universe knows just when I need a little pick me up to keep moving forward with hope and a smile. The little sparks of goodness that have happened this week in our lives could not have come at a better time. Little rays of sunshine to off-set the bitter cold of winter and the worries in my heart.

This week our family received the gift of a random act of kindness. Someone anonymously assisted with some of the expenses for Lexi to be involved in Tae Kwon Do. We are both grateful and humbled by the unknown person's generosity. What may have seemed like a small kind gesture, means a lot to our family. I sincerely hope Mr./Mrs. Anonymous knows just what a difference his/her kindness has made. It offers hope that regardless of how roller coasterish our life may seem right now...smoother days are ahead if we just keep holding on. And until that time comes it's a reminder that we are not alone.

Thank you kind souls of the world for spreading goodness. You make this crazy old, beautiful, complicated world a better place. Blessings to you.


peace

2 comments:

Jane said...

I want to grow up to be like that person. What a wonderful thing to do for someone!

Laurie said...

What you can be sure of is that someone did something very kind for that person. It all ripples out, like pebbles in a pond. Just reading this has caused the ripples to spread all the way to here in cold, icy, Ohio. Who knows what I might do when I go out later for my errands? :-)