Sunday, January 2, 2011

A 2nd Celebration...

I love that I learned to knit on New Year's Eve 2 years ago...it makes remembering my Knitiversary so much easier than if it were some other random day of this year. So how did I spend my 2nd Knitiversary?

Knitting of course!

Actually, binding off to be more specific. Binding off this...


My first shawl...


I still have to block it, but I couldn't resist taking pictures of it in all of it's bumpy pre-stretched goodness...


It's fun to look back at what I wrote about my 1st Knitiversary. It's amazing to realize how many things have been made on my needles over the past 2 years. This year the FO count is quite a bit smaller than last, but the projects tackled definitely took a step up the difficulty meter. This year's FO list includes:
  • 2 pairs of fingerless mitts...including these little lovelies I whipped out for my MIL over the Christmas weekend in less than 48 hours. (A personal best for me in terms of time from start to finish.)



STILL on my needles (same as last year...sigh)...
  • A fingerling weight sock
  • A pot-holder waiting for a finished I-cord edge so that it can be felted. (I'm not a fan of I-cord edging it turns out.)
Since I consider those 2 projects as sleepers at this point, I have no in progress projects in my knitting bag! However I expect that to change later today when I decide whether I'm going to cast on...
  • A pair of baby booties for an expected February arrival (NOT ours!)
  • A pair of slipper socks for myself
  • A pair of hand-warmers (using the yarn left over from my sweater...also for myself)
  • A bulky cabled bag that Lexi requested last spring break when we were at Brown Sheep
  • One of the circle shrugs I'd like to make for the girls
OR
  • Something completely different
Hmmm...

I don't know that I have any specific knitting related goals for this coming year, but I am super excited about the new Yoga & Yarn events I'm planning to hold at my studio this winter and the Yoga for Fiber Fanatics session I am presenting at the Sticks & String event organized by the Des Moines Metro Knitters! The only thing better than yoga or knitting...yoga AND knitting!

Thanks for reading. Thanks for celebrating this silly little holiday with me. And thanks to all of you who through your words, your teaching, and the sharing of your own fabulous projects keep my sticks clicking. Cheers to another year of yarn filled goodness for us all!


peace

3 comments:

kshotz said...

Happy Knitiversary!! I wish I had an idea of when I learned to knit....I'm really not sure, except that it was back during grade school (which was a REALLY long time ago....like 30+ years.)

Anonymous said...

I have Moebius envy! Aunt Carol

Donna said...

Happy 2nd Knitiversary, Jenn! I think that is a wonderful day to celebrate. Your list of FO's is awesome. Love that! Keep those 'sticks a clicking'...:)