Saturday, December 18, 2010

Addicted in Less Than 24 Hours...

Another shoot with my new lens...more fun play learning PS Actions. Scott is already planning an intervention. What can I say...Me+my camera+digital play time=LOVE.

First, Brea at breakfast yesterday SOOC...


Notice the lovely snot trail and speck of frosted mini wheat. Nice.

Last night I decided to play with the new skin fix technique to get rid of the snot and then applied a few simple actions to sharpen.


But then, as I was randomly poking around the web, I found The Coffee Shop Blog written by a mom who, well read her bio and you'll see why maybe I'm just a little drawn to her blog. Here's the same picture of Brea, snot trail left in tact, with a few of the Coffee Shop's actions applied.

First there's Coffee with Cream...


(I actually had to go back and do a bit of masking so that the sunny side of Brea's head wasn't totally blown out.)

Then we go B&W with a little Irish Breakfast...


(I chose not to add the optional softening action.)

Here's Raspberry Tea...


(Again, no softening.)

The dreamy Creamy Toffee...


(I again used a mask to bring a little sharpness back to Brea's face.)

And finally, a little modern twist with the Urban option of Vivid...



A few years back I helped my Mom pick a paint color for her kitchen. We both that in order for a color to totally speak to us it had to have a pleasing name. I don't know of any better way to name, or choose for that matter, photo action sets than with coffee and tea lingo. Me likey!


peace

No comments: