Sunday, November 28, 2010

Visions of Our Day of Thanks...

From brunch...


to turkey time...






our day was simply about enjoying our first major holiday in our new home. (I'm not sure why, but I've felt very strongly about being here in this old house for our first winter holiday season. I think it's my heart's way of trying to make some peace with our relocation.) We were able to Skype with the Bertram clan in Nebraska as well as Uncle Jason and April in Germany. Grandma Peg stopped by for a short mid-afternoon visit on her way to the meeting of the sisters to plan their attack on Black Friday. Football was watched and a gym visit for a run was made. Wine was opened to help with the task of peeling potatoes and the carving of the moistest turkey I have every cooked. And much to their enjoyment 2 little girlies spent the whole day in their PJs.

I am thankful for the simple joy of spending a very low key holiday weekend with my most favorite people in the world. (And for the power that yoga has to help ease the bloat of a big holiday meal.) I love you my family!


peace

No comments: