Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Not You, It's Me...

Dear Blog,

I know, lately the time I have made to come here to write has been a bit sporadic. I mean sure, I've stopped by now and then with cute pictures and little pieces of commentary on life, but we both know those visits have been short and a bit less organized than normal. I'm sorry.

The truth of the matter is I'm kinda in a dark place right now. And while I know you have always been open to letting me vent my feelings and talk through my swirling emotions, I'm not sure I'm ready to sprawl out on the leather couch to start sharing. I'm not sure I want to share the shadows here as I need a place where I can come to celebrate the light.

I just wanted to let you know the reason for my absence least you think our relationship needs to seek out counseling. I promise, it's not you, it's me. And for a while I may just need a little space and a little time to process my inner life. I will be back more regularly at some point...but until then I promise to stop by now and then to check in.

Sincerely,
Me

5 comments:

Kate! said...

Take all the time you need, just please do check in! Hope things get better- and fast!

Take care!

Jenny said...

Hope you'll feel better soon, it really sucks to feel down and blue. I have myself struggled with lots of health issues and depression, and if you need someone completely different to vent with, you can always e-mail me at jenny.m.clifford (@) gmail.com.

Hugs!

Laurie said...

Take care, Jenn. It will always be good to read your posts when you're ready to come back.

jonesmjb said...

Hang in there - somehow it manages to get better when we're least expecting it! Meg

Laura said...

Hang in there, thinking of you!