Friday, October 15, 2010

A Short Photo Essay...

Here's the short version of what's been keeping me busy the last couple of weeks.

In the final days of September I spend most of my waking hours turning this...


into this...


and getting ready for this...


and the official opening of my new small business here in Carlisle! Yes, I can now officially say I am a small business owner (with government recognized organization and tax responsibilities and all)! Which translates into tackling all that comes with being the sole owner of a small start up business. I had one very crazy week of remodeling, decorating, promoting, cleaning, paperwork creating, and budget balancing (and not much sleeping) to prepare for opening the doors. Now, with 2 weeks of business in the books, I'm busy teaching, schedule tweaking, and brainstorming ways to get people in the door to check out a class so that I can do more teaching and schedule tweaking! The hard work needed for small business start-up is far from over, but it does seem a bit more manageable these days.

This past weekend I traveled to Iowa City for my 9th, and final, weekend of yoga teacher training with this lovely group of people...


It's hard to believe how quickly 9 months of study together has passed, and how much my life has changed in that period of time. With my certificate of completion in hand I can now register with the internationally recognized organization, Yoga Alliance, which will allow me to add 3 little letters (RYT...aka Registered Yoga Teacher) behind my name on my business card. An addition that may not mean much to the students who have taken with me over the years, but a personal goal I'm happy to say I have achieved!

Through it all I can not over look the love and support and patience my family and friends have extended my way. My husband has served as hug giver, tear wiper, and cheerleader more times than I can count throughout this process. My girls have been put up with being dragged all over to buy paint and pick up print orders and have patiently put up with many a Mommy-less night (and a few Mommy-less weekends) without even a whisper of complaint. And so many, when I have doubted that I was traveling the right path, have offered words of encouragement and wisdom to keep me going. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU...from the bottom of my heart...for all the love and support y'all!

Life doesn't seem to be slowing down any in the days ahead. I have my first kiddo photo-shoot (one where I'm playing hired photographer) scheduled for this weekend, town sponsored fall festivities to prep for both as a business and as "Mom, maker of the costumes", and the holiday season is already knocking at our calendar doors. Not to mention...knitting season is upon us...and yet my needles have been sitting idle. I must do something about that!


peace

3 comments:

Kate! said...

That space looks amazing! I can't wait to hear more about what its like to be a business owner! You must be so proud!

Beverly said...

Congratulations on becoming not only a business owner but a certified registered yoga teacher. I'm wishing you all the success in the world.

Laurie said...

Congratulations and wishes for much success!!! I wish I could take a class or two with you just to get things off the ground.