Monday, August 23, 2010

3rd Grade...


Lexi is off being an official 3rd grader today. There has been a lot of excitement for today. A new school, new friends, learning. I love that my daughter loves to learn. She's kinda geeky like that. (It's OK, so are her parents.)


I'm not sure why, but today was a little teary for me. Maybe it's because she's in a new school. It's partially because I am so happy that she is so happy to be headed to school. And I'm sure it's a little because she's growing up so fast, choosing to head into the building on her own instead of having one of us walk her to her room. We stood outside watching her put her bag in her locker, remembering to get out the papers that she needed to give to her teacher this morning.


I can't wait to hear all about her day this afternoon when she returns home. To learn the names of her new friends. To find out if indeed the rumor she heard was true...that third graders only get ONE recess. To find out if she likes her top open desk as much as she thought she would. (She was SERIOUSLY excited about her top open desk.)

And yes, for those of you who noticed, she is wearing the same outfit today as on her first day of 2nd grade, with bigger shoes! It was her compromise to me vetoing her first choice...jeans. (Seriously, it's suppose to be in the upper 80s today. Not what I would call "jean weather", especially during that one recess!)

One down, one to go. Brea has her day next Monday as she embarks on her preschool experience. She's eagerly counting down the days.


peace

4 comments:

MS said...

Oh sweet girl! I'm sure she's going to have a great day! Even if it will be a little too quiet for you... ;-)

Anonymous said...

They grow up WAY to fast - Sydney started 7th grade last week - they have NO recess. hugs to all - Kathleen

JenB said...

Maddie starts 3rd grade this Friday, and E heads to preschool (4 days a week!) next Monday too. Our girls are growing up too fast!

Laurie said...

She looks so poised and lovely, and I love her outfit, even if it is a "retread". The girl obviously has good taste. :-)