Skip to main content

15...


15 years ago today I married a cute boy with whom I had fallen in love. We were so young. In some ways so naive. Yet we knew that it takes a lot of love, a lot of work, and a little luck to make a marriage work for years and years to come.


Today we celebrate the anniversary of our union in the company of our two beautiful daughters.


We've traveled together down life's road through all sorts of hills and valleys. We have had our share of challenges...as a couple...as individuals. We know that there are hills and valleys left to traverse in the years to come. But at the end of the day regardless of the journey we have never lost focus on the important of traveling with love and compassion as our map. Neither of us is perfect or above making mistakes. We will always have to work to grow as individuals and as a couple if our journey together is to continue. But together we have somehow figured out a beautiful harmony that, at least I know in my case, makes living a life sprinkled with imperfections all that much more beautifully perfect.


I celebrate today knowing that the cute boy with whom I fell in love during my youth is now the man who is my best friend. My soul mate. Whose smile (and those cute little wrinkles at the corners of his eyes) makes me smile. A man whose touch can still make me melt after all these years. He is a man with the arms that make everything OK when they wrap around me...even when it's not. The man whose kisses warm my heart and leave me anticipating more. He is the man whose hand I can't help holding as we drive down the road, or walk down the street, or sit across from one another at dinner, or snuggle (with our girlies) on the couch watching yet another animated flick during family movie night. He is the man who has shown me unconditional love even during my ugliest moments. The man who is not afraid to share his feelings, his worries, or his tears. He is the man who has whole heartedly supported even my craziest ideas because he knows how it feeds my soul to live from my heart. The word love doesn't seem big enough to envelop all the feelings I hold in my heart for the man with whom I share my life.

Cheers to 15 years!

I love you Scott.


peace

Comments

Laurie said…
Happy anniversary, Jenn and Scott! My Romeo and I celebrated our 12th a few weeks ago. I'd hoped to write a post maybe half as beautiful as yours, but life and a sick dog got in the way. I'm so happy for both of you...and am working on a killer anniversary post for #13 (YIKES!!!). :-)
Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary!!! 15 years go by fast. Shane & I just celebrated our 19th on May 18th. Time flies when your having fun!! Have a great get away. I always enjoy those kid free moments.
Kathleen
Anonymous said…
Now, this is the couple we invited into our home and grew to love very much!! I still remember that first night you came for supper. Marriage is all about growing and working together through all the ups and downs! Happy Anniversay!! Love to you both!!
Kyle

My Most Read Thoughts

DIY: Reusable Produce Bags

With Earth Day festivities gearing up for tomorrow, I thought I'd take a moment to post a short DIY tutorial on making your own reusable cloth produce bags. (Tutorial inspired by my favorite crafty mom blog, Crazy Mom Quilts. Produce bags inspired by running into my friend Laura at the grocery store while she was stuffing her produce into these.) This is my next step in the fight against the excessive use of plastic bags.

Our family has been making small environmentally minded changes in our daily lives over the past few years. We use reusable shopping bags. We've stopped buying/using Ziploc bags and plastic wrap. I'm trying to commute around town via bike more. I'm being more mindful about where the food we buy comes from and how it was produced. We more often hang our laundry on the line to dry in the spring and summer instead of just throwing it in the dryer. (Which is convenient at the moment since our dryer has decided to quit drying.) As we use up chemically clean…

Senseless...

Today while I sat in a classroom supervising students as they worked on their math assignments, I watched Lexi through the window enjoying time with her friends during recess. My heart smiled.

Those moments, moments of learning and carefree fun, those are the moments that SHOULD make up a school day. As a Mom, and an elementary school employee, my heart is breaking over the news and images coming out of Connecticut today. 
I send my kids off to school everyday without a second thought that they will return safely come day's end, just as I'm sure each one of those parents in Newtown did this morning.
Every day I walk into my school for work without a second thought to my personal safety, just as I'm sure each of those teachers, paras, custodians, sectretaries, etc in Newtown did this morning. 
Theories will be published. Evidence will be presented. Words will be exchanged about gun control and the need for change in our current culture of violence. I don't suspec…

Sunday Morning Silly...

Once in a while Dando's curiosity urges him to venture off the bookshelf so he check out other toys in the house.




I think he thinks Froggy is missing a few marbles.


peace