Saturday, May 29, 2010

Making Time...

When life gets hectic and stressful the first thing to take a back seat to that stress is my creative time. Which makes absolutely NO sense since, as we have established here before, creative time for me is probably the best stress busting, depression stopping, re-energizing activity there is available to my soul. (I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say maybe even more so than yoga.) While I have been able to sneak in a little knitting on my February Ladies Sweater (um, that I started in FEBRUARY!), I realized earlier this week that if I'm going to make it through the next 4 weeks with my sanity in tact I MUST make a little time for creative moments.

So earlier in the week I grabbed my poor neglected camera, mounted the new "play" lens I bought way back in December (Scott just shakes his head over the fact that I spent money on a lens to take pictures with my high-tech digital Rebel to get photos that look as if they were taken with a low cost plastic toy camera...but I digress), and headed out to mess around while the girls were blowing bubbles in the front yard.



Needless to say, I need a lot more practice to get my lo-fi photos to resemble anything dreamy and/or artsy. The first problem I'm having is with exposure. Remy seems to want to over-expose everything taken with Diana attached so we need to have a bit of a convo about that. (Photoshop to the rescue again.) Oddly enough, this is my favorite snap from all that messing around.


I think the soft focus, slight color flair, and big chunky wagon pretty much says it all when I think about the simple joys of being a kid.

As I was downloading my new art-tastic photos (laughing to myself as I type that phrase) I realized I had yet to download the photos from our spring break trip and Brea's birthday. You know, those kinda BIG events that happened in MARCH! What a nice surprise to find this shot taken the day grandpa and the girls spent time flying a kite in the hay field next to my Mom's house.


Ah memories. So sweet.


peace

1 comment:

Permission to Unwind said...

Thinking of you amidst the chaos! I know how stressful moving can be... boy do I. Hope things are going well. :) Keep in touch!