Sunday, March 7, 2010

Simply Perfect...

A bowl full of daisies from my lover...


A box full of origami cheer from my brother...


(They came wrapped in an old map. Double swoon.)

Lunch shared with a friend.

A mix CD made just for me.

A bottle of red wine with dinner.

A weekend visitor whose presence soothes my soul.

Learning (so I could teach said visitor) how to knit...left-handed!

A lazy, rainy Sunday to simply enjoy the after glow of it all.

A birthday weekend full of simple perfectness.

Thank-you to everyone far and near who helped celebrate MY day.


peace


P.S. Being as I have been so wrapped up in life's goodness the past couple days and have had no time to finish getting the give-away goodies bundled together, YOU get two extra days to leave a comment on post 501. Could today be your lucky day? Best go enter and find out! I will announce a winner on Tuesday. Thank-you to all the WONDERFUL, thoughtful comments that have already been made over there on post 501! What an amazing, special group of reader friends I have gathered!!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations (belated) on your birthday! It sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend! I'm actually turning 30 this spring, in May, and hopefully me and my husband will go away that weekend for a spa visit. I just love the thought of actually getting to spend that day in rest and comfort with just him :)

/ Jenny

~Pink~Doberman~ said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was more wonderful that you had ever imagined!

Blessings! Tonja

Mary LeMaster said...

Sounds like you had a most amazing birthday!! So happy for you

Marie-Jolie said...

Happy late birthday! I'm so glad you had a lovely day. Origami flowers and daisies? Man alive, you're a lucky woman!