Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful...


Lexi made a Thanksgiving card at school last week. Inside she wrote this message to us:

Dear Mom, Dad, & Brea, I am thankful for you guys. I'm thankful for the the food you give me and for the house I have. Thank you for all your help with my life. Love Lexi

My heart swelled with pride as I read those words. Still I have a hard time reading them without tears coming to my eyes. As someone who finds the holiday season filled with so many complicated and often conflicting emotions, I find peace in the fact that she gets "it". That even with the excitement of gift wishes and lists for stuff, she knows in her heart what matters.

Love.

Family.

A nurturing home.

Sometimes I look at her in wonder at the amazing person she is all too quickly growing up to be. She (and her equally amazing little sister) makes being a Mom an awfully easy, endlessly rewarding post in life.

For that I am thankful.


peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course I am biased but Lexi will never cease to amaze us all with her intellect, wit, sense of humor, kind heartedness, etc.

Grandpa Bob