Monday, November 23, 2009

MIA?

I'm still here.

Simply been busy teaching here.

And here.

Writing this.

Keeping track of these.

AND creating in my new crafty space when I get the chance.

(There's been a bit of knitting mixed in there too of course!)

Last week at the shop we announced our Holiday Stocking Challenge and of course, I can't back down from a challenge. (Even though employees can't win anything.) So I've been working on making this...


into a lovely holiday stocking for our display window. I am almost finished, the bead embellishment (something new to me) is slowing me down a bit.

I also cracked into my mini Moda HoneyBuns (a gift given to me by my dear friend Jen last spring) and whipped together this little bag to hold all my knitting notions.


It ended up being a little bigger than I expected, but bigger just means I have room in which to grow. (Tee Hee.) I also love that every time I grab my scissors or stitch markers from under the flap, I think of Jen and her friendship. That is truly a gift that comes with using handmade goodies!

(Even with all the busy I made sure to take time this weekend to hit the movie theater for this. I mean I may be a 30-something wife and mother of 2, but I'm not dead! Everyone needs a chance to drool over hot wolf boys sneak away to enjoy a chick flick with a friend now and then.)


~namaste~

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love your notions bag! I've seen that pattern before, and I just droooool! Super cute!

Marie-Jolie said...

Very inspiring!

Meli said...

That bag is beautiful!!! I just love it! I've started on a scarf for a Christmas gift, I'll post the picture on my blog, its coming along quite well, I am super excited.

Its great when life is so busy we can't blog. Sometimes anyway. Other times I feel like a bad blogger!