Friday, October 16, 2009

Wondering...

I love the movie You've Got Mail. (I've watched it well over a handful of times. Too many to count.) I mean besides the fact it's a sweet romantic comedy starring two great actors, it's full of great lines. So many times I think about how those lines apply to my own life. Like when Kathleen (played by Meg Ryan) writes in her email to Joe (played by Tom Hanks):

Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, valuable, but small. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don’t really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void.

That same question has been on my mind a lot lately. And like Kathleen, I'm not necessarily expecting to find an answer anytime soon, but it doesn't mean I don't still wonder...


peace

1 comment:

SuzyQSparkles said...

I also have watched this movie far more times than I can count... I actually think I wore out my VHS copy before upgrading to DVD. ;)