Skip to main content

Short Essays by Lexi

Lexi has a spiral notebook, one with puppies on the front of course, in which she has taken up with writing short essays. She often reads them to us and I couldn't help but share a few here. They have been retyped exactly as she has written them. I think they are an amazing glimpse into what's going on in her 7 year old mind. Enjoy!

I have a sistter. Her name is Brea. We have allot of fun together. It is wintter ritnow so we went sleding last week! And we had fun! I gess you are wondering wate my name is. Arnte you? I am Lexi. My real name is Alexandra. At school the other kids cole me Lexi M. Today I have school but it is delaed 2 hours. And today I have a sleepover. Allison and I are going to have fun together. Allison is going to let her sister be in the puppy club. The puppy club is only for girls. And it is the funest thing I have ever dune. ~THE END~

Family is the most importend thing in the whole wid world. I have a mom, dad, & a sister. I have two pet dogs to Tilde, & Jasper. I love them. ~THE END~

I'm in first grade! My teacher's name is Mrs. Harms. I have cold lunch. Cold lunch is bring my lunch to school. Ensted of haveing it from school. I love school. ~THE END~

My mom's favorite t.v. show is Biggest Loser! I wach it too! We love that show. ~THE END~

I'm just pritty. I know that. I think you now that. Don't you? I love being pritty. Some pepole think I'm not pritty. But I know that I am. ~THE END~

I think she's pritty...and pritty amazing!


peace

Comments

s said…
oh, this by far is super precious....
Anonymous said…
Lexi-here is a special "hug" from grandpa just to let you know (again) how special you are and that you are loved and appreciated VERY VERY much!

See you soon. Are you ready for that shopping trip?

Grandpa Bob

My Most Read Thoughts

DIY: Reusable Produce Bags

With Earth Day festivities gearing up for tomorrow, I thought I'd take a moment to post a short DIY tutorial on making your own reusable cloth produce bags. (Tutorial inspired by my favorite crafty mom blog, Crazy Mom Quilts. Produce bags inspired by running into my friend Laura at the grocery store while she was stuffing her produce into these.) This is my next step in the fight against the excessive use of plastic bags.

Our family has been making small environmentally minded changes in our daily lives over the past few years. We use reusable shopping bags. We've stopped buying/using Ziploc bags and plastic wrap. I'm trying to commute around town via bike more. I'm being more mindful about where the food we buy comes from and how it was produced. We more often hang our laundry on the line to dry in the spring and summer instead of just throwing it in the dryer. (Which is convenient at the moment since our dryer has decided to quit drying.) As we use up chemically clean…

Senseless...

Today while I sat in a classroom supervising students as they worked on their math assignments, I watched Lexi through the window enjoying time with her friends during recess. My heart smiled.

Those moments, moments of learning and carefree fun, those are the moments that SHOULD make up a school day. As a Mom, and an elementary school employee, my heart is breaking over the news and images coming out of Connecticut today. 
I send my kids off to school everyday without a second thought that they will return safely come day's end, just as I'm sure each one of those parents in Newtown did this morning.
Every day I walk into my school for work without a second thought to my personal safety, just as I'm sure each of those teachers, paras, custodians, sectretaries, etc in Newtown did this morning. 
Theories will be published. Evidence will be presented. Words will be exchanged about gun control and the need for change in our current culture of violence. I don't suspec…

Sunday Morning Silly...

Once in a while Dando's curiosity urges him to venture off the bookshelf so he check out other toys in the house.




I think he thinks Froggy is missing a few marbles.


peace