Saturday, January 3, 2009

But I Love My Bed...

The girls currently share a bedroom. Our house has three bedrooms, but we use the third, smallest room, for the office and spare bed. Our 2 main bedrooms are fair sized, but you can imagine how with a crib, a twin bed, a dresser and all the wares that 2 little girls can accumulate, the girls' room is jam packed. Scott and I have been talking about the fact that Brea is now only 3 months from turning 3 and maybe we should consider moving her out of her crib. our hope being that we could figure out a bed situation that would give them a bit more room to play IN THEIR ROOM!

At first I was leaning the bunk bed route. But the thought of having Lexi 6 feet off the floor is a bit scary considering her tendency to sleep walk...often! So we've decided that maybe they would like to share a full sized bed. After all, more nights than not, one of them some how ends up in our bed at some point time wanting to snuggle. Both of the girls love to sleep with someone else. They are snugglers, which is great because I happen to like to snuggle myself. While my brother was here the girls wiggled their way into sleeping with him more nights than not. I'm so thankful he's so willing to share his slumber with two wiggly little monkeys because I know how hard it is to get a good night's sleep with either (not to mention BOTH) of them in your bed.

So, since they've seemed to sleep well together this past week I thought maybe today while we were working on un-holidaying the house, we'd take some time to move beds. As the girls were playing this morning in their room I stepped in to share my idea with them. Brea immediately ran to her crib and grabbed the rails, tears starting to form in her little brown eyes. She looked up at me with the saddest little face and while fighting back sobs says,

"But I love my bed. I don't want it to go away."

It just about broke my heart. She has never tried to crawl out of her bed. In fact she's almost giddy with excitment at nap time and most nights as we head in for the nightly tuck-in routine. So I simply bent down, pulled her into a hug and reasured her that for now, her bed isn't going anywhere so she has no reason to worry.

I guess for a bit longer things will stay as they are. We're all safe and warm and comfortable, and I guess in the end that's all that matters.

On a totally unrelated note, last night I showed the girls how they could use their new flashing jelly party rings from Laura to make cool pictures in the dark.



Fun was had by all. Thankgoodness for the miracles of digital photography...unlimited shots for not extra cost and INSTANT images for little ones to view. I can't get over how perfect Lexi's circles are!


peace

2 comments:

MS said...

Oh, very cool photos! You'll have to tell me how to do that! And sweet, sensitive Brea...I'm sure there's no way to resist her tearful requests. You'd better watch out for that when she's in her teens!

Sara said...

My philosophy is...as long as everyone sleeps, it doesn't matter where! This would explain why we have 2 doubles and a queen - to ensure a good night's rest no matter which room it might be in!