Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Knitting for New Year's...

It's New Year's Eve and what am I doing?

Why teaching myself to knit of course.

Why?

Scott would tell you it's because I'm crazy.

Mostly it's because I want a pair of hand-warmers, and I'd really like to be able to make them myself. (Mine of course, at least the first pair, will not include a cable knit...or probably more then one color of yarn. Though I have been known to be a bit of an over achiever at times, so one never knows what might happen!)

Thankfully I have a basement well stocked with random crafting supplies, including 2 pairs of knitting needles and a nice skein of cream colored cotton yarn, which has made tonight's spur of the moment lesson possible. (After all, doesn't everyone have a couple spare pairs of knitting needles hanging out in their basement?)

And the lovely internet is a gold mine of free instructions and patterns. YIPPEE for me!

It's been several years since we've done anything for New Year's that didn't center around our DVD player and the ability to wear our flannel PJs. I guess when you look at it that way, knitting fits right into our festivities.

I'm taking a break to read about the purl stitch, and we're eagerly awaiting the chance to count down with NY...so we can go to bed...yes, at 11:00 OUR time.

Like I said...we're pretty wild and crazy people on New Year's.

Back to my tutorial...


peace

1 comment:

Pink Heels said...

I have heard of people taking classes to learn how to knit but to teach yourself...wow! You are very ambitious at the beginning of the year!