Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Greetings, Day 9 (finally back on schedule)...

One of the things I love about maintaining this blog (besides the chance to pour out my heart and soul on a regular basis) is to look back and read about the funny, every day things that happen in our house that without this forum would never be documented and therefore probably forgotten over time. Specifically as I was browsing September's posts to see what all happened during the month, it was this post and this post that literally made me laugh out loud. And apparently modesty has started to totally go by the way-side if I'm comfortable talking conversations held with Brea while I'm sitting on the toilet! I somewhat blame it on Heather at Dooce. Her and her open, honest, and witty dialogue about life. Thanks Heather. Not worrying about tip-toeing around "inappropriate" topics sure does make this blogging thing more fun!

September is Lexi's month. This year she turned 7. How did that happen? SEVEN!?!?!? I'm not old enough to have a 7-year-old. (I know...technically I'm old enough to have a teenager in my house...but that's just biologically speaking. My youthful spirit sometimes has a hard time accepting the fact that I'm a mother of a 7-year-old!) This year for Lexi's birthday we spent the afternoon visiting the apple orchard.



It's always a fun family outing, though we've never gone picking in shorts and tanks. September this year was amazing warm, clear through to the end. Thank you Mother Nature!

This September also marked the return of Ladies Weekend for me. Much like RAGBRAI, these bi-annual weekends have become a major part of keeping my batteries charged for the life I live in-between. Even though I come home tired due to a total lack of sleep because we're too busy talking, I return emotionally refreshed from my crafty time spent with Jen.

Finally, I'm caught up and ready to finish out the last 3 days of these greetings, the last 3 months of the year, back on schedule! Now, I must go lose myself in "the workshop." I've got 2 gifts to finish up (ok, they have to be STARTED in order for them to get FINISHED) before Thursday and time is a tickin'!


peace

No comments: