Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas PJs...

We have a tradition, a carry over from Scott's family, of letting the girls open one package the night before Christmas. A package that's always of Mom and Dad's choosing...and which always contains a clean pair of PJs for them to sleep in while Santa makes his visit. Here's a little sneak peak at this year's PJs...


This is the first year that I've made the girls their "night before" gift. I'm really not much of a clothes maker, but after making our Tinkerbell PJ pants, I couldn't resist whipping up Christmas PJs too. I ADORE this flannel fabric that I picked up in September during Ladies Weekend with Jen. (Who I need to thank for assisting in getting these holiday PJs finished!) I can't wait to show you the finished product on my little models Christmas morning. Now to find matching tops to go with the bottoms. (I'm envisioning rosy pink thermal. I know...good luck finding them since I have some thing specific in mind.)

After cutting out 3 pairs of pants (the girls 2 pairs and one for myself out of a different fabric), I only had this little pile of unusable scraps.


My Mom always stresses the importance of smart cutting to avoid wasting as little fabric as possible, and I must say I get a certain feeling of accomplishment from creating as small of pile of leftovers as possible. (Plus, smart cutting means more of that adorable flannel left over which I have a feeling will be working its way into a quilt one of these days. That's how much in love with it I am.)

Speaking of my Mom...Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Rod sent a little care package earlier in the week with a few small gifts which the girls can open over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas. Tuesday night after our snow day at home, we let them each pick a package.


Fun lighted Christmas socks and a new Santa story for bedtime reading. I love that my girls get so much joy from such simple things.

And speaking of Christmas...this year we've decided to forgo the expense of sending out Christmas cards and will instead being featuring a few of our favorite photos and memories from the past 12 months here on my little spot over the 12 days of Christmas. (I'll be posting the 14th through the 25th...though I'm not really sure what's considered the ACTUAL 12 Days of Christmas.) It will be a fun way for us to recap the year and of course, a chance for me to show off more pictures of my girlies. A win-win for us all!


peace

No comments: