Thursday, October 9, 2008

Little Pillows of Happiness...

I am infatuated with these flowers. They're planted in a pot by our front step. This spring I randomly selected some annuals for the our big ol' pot that looked nice together and were noted as good for pots. This one has not disappointed. First of all, it's October 9th and they are still blooming strong. Second of all, their whole design amazes me. They start out as this little clumps of square pillows (which I find fascinating for some reason)...


and then ring by ring, starting from the outside, open up...


into these cheery little puffs of happy little flowers.


I smile and pause every time I walk past.

Check out this bug that had stopped to rest on a sign at the gas station the other day when I stopped to fill up Velma.


He was huge...and super cool.


peace

1 comment:

Q said...

Jenn,

That bug has been making the rounds. He was on our front window a few weeks ago.