Sunday, September 14, 2008

Out for a walk...

Tonight after teaching yoga on campus I was walking back to my car which was parked about a block away from the building in which we have class. Ahead of me of the sidewalk, coming my way, was a dog. He was just trotting along, casually looking side to side taking in the scenery. As we met he looked up at me as if to say "Hello," and then he just kept on going. Not missing a step in his quest.

I don't know why, but the humanness of his demeanor and our passing hit me funny. I smiled and possibly even let out a little laugh. It's like he was just out on his nightly walk, seeing what was going down on campus, headed back home to curl up with a hot cup of tea and a good book before turning in for the night.

At least those are my plans!

peace

No comments: