Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sneak Peek...

I'm busy working on a new crew of sock monkeys. Here's a little sneak peek of my progress thus far this week. Our first lady monkey is a promised 40th birthday gift for Laura. I fell in love with these lavender socks, partially for their color, mostly for their texture.


I wonder if my mom recognizes the green fabric? I do believe it was a donation from her stash to mine.

This weekend we ran to the outlet mall to take advantage of the Iowa's tax free holiday as Scott needed some new work clothes ( his new job requires wearing a shirt and tie everyday and rotating the same 5 shirts was getting a little old), and I scored these great wool/angora blend socks for only $1.50 a pair!

I have hopes of making some of these adorable puppies created by this very talented lady in the UK. I believe they are her original design so it will be a bit of a trial and error type of process...but I can't resist the challenge because I fell in love the minute I laid eyes on them.

peace

1 comment:

Laura said...

Awesome, I can't wait to meet gertrude!