Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Wedding...


Saturday our friends Allen and Shannon tied the knot in a small, joy filled ceremony. Allen and Shannon are two of the most beautiful people I know. They are kind and loving and compliment each other so well. I'm so happy that their friendship is part of our reality. And as you can see, they're pretty darn good lookin' too.


I am so honored that they entrusted me with helping them to preserve their memories of this special day in photos. As many can tell you, I was WAY nervous in the weeks leading up to the big day. And after feeling a little "in over my head" at the start of the day (even though I was really trying to exude confidence!), I did find myself falling into a comfort zone by day's end. (I'm sure Scott would agree that I'm pretty good at being in charge...ordering people around...whatever you want to call it.) Even though the ceremony wasn't until 4:00 pm, I awoke at 4:45 am with my mind whirling with ideas. Now that it's all said and done, the most amazing thing to me is to look at the photos knowing I created them and to see how my visions became reality.



I'm thankful that Allen and Shannon were patient while I set them up for shots that were nothing more than visions in my head. Some of the shots worked...some not so much. It's all a learning process.



I'm also thankful my loving hubby was willing to serve as such a patient and helpful assistant. Thanks honey, you were fabulous!


Even though this was their special day, I couldn't help but snap a few extra pictures of Allen's adorable kids, Maggie and Tommy. Their love for their Dad, and for Shannon, shined through at it's brightest.



By the end of the photos shoot time we were all getting a little slap happy. I love this photo. It makes me smile.


The Mathes household will be expanding in December! Baby photo op!!!



The rest of the wedding photos have been uploaded here, if you'd like to check them out.

Allen, Shannon, thank you for letting us be part of your special day. We look forward to many years of creating fun memories with you and your growing family. Love ya guys!


peace

8 comments:

Marisa said...

So...you'll be doing my wedding too yes? (whenever that day comes lol!)

Megan said...

I think we should have hired you to take our family pictures next week when Marisa's home!!! :) GREAT pictures Jenn!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I really love the one in front of the wood-wall thing? You have a good eye! :)
Nik

Anonymous said...

OMG! Those are GREAT! You have a great love for the lens! Maybe you could be onto something here...? I think you are very talented!

Jenn

MS said...

Jenn, these are beautiful!! Fantastic! Waaaaay better than the supposed professional we had at our wedding.

Alive Photos by Amy Leigh said...

You did an awesome job! They look great! I especially love the ones in the covered bridge. FANTASTIC!

The Bairs said...

YOu did a wonderful job - way to go!

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job. I really feel like you captured our love:) Next it's baby belly shots! You are very talented, I think you are on to something.
Sending all our love!
Allen, Shannon, Maggie, Tommy, and Baby Mathes

p.s. I can find out the sex at my Aug. 5th appt.!!!!