Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jump...

Today was a big day for Lexi. At swim lessons this morning, after many a failed attempt, she jumped off the diving board. I, unfortunately, was not in attendance...which partially may have been the reason she found the courage to show off for Uncle Jason. She is so proud of herself and promises to show me her courage tomorrow.

During lunch we were talking about her big event and she asked if we could have a party after supper to celebrate. I assumed she meant a trip to our favorite sweet treat spot, Dairy Barn, but decided to ask her what she had in mind.

She paused and then said, "What's that day when we have turkey to eat?"

"Thanksgiving?" I asked.

"Yes, let's have a party like Thanksgiving. Only without the turkey."

Huh? She's ok with a trip to Dairy Barn instead.

Kids. Too funny.


peace

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is so awesome for Lexi! Funny, because Laurel did the same thing just today! Must've been the day! This was huge since her friends have been doing it for a long time, and she usually gets a life jacket from the office before braving the board. I missed the big event, too! Next time!

~ Jarod said he had to whip out the old "tough love," and told her to suck it up already! I might be glad I wasn't there to watch!