Monday, June 23, 2008

Art Camp...

Friday night we ventured out to the "Art Factory", where Lexi had been attending camp, to view the end of camp art show and performance. This was the first year Lexi has been able to attend this 2 week camp put on by the Grinnell Arts Council. She had a blast.

Every day she got to do painting,


and sculpture.


A small stage in the art barn is where the kids showed off their music and theater skills.


Art and friends. For Lexi, there couldn't be a more perfect combination.


It was a beautiful evening, so while I was keeping Brea occupied out on the lawn during some of the theater performances, I took the opportunity to make a little art myself. Too bad I only had my point and shoot along. Next time I'll know better!

Thank you to the many teachers and volunteers that put in offered their time, patience, and creativity! Lexi can't wait for camp next year.


peace

No comments: