Wednesday, March 5, 2008

33...


It's my Birthday today. Birthdays are weird. On one hand, I hate when people make a big deal out of the fact it's my birthday. On the other hand, I enjoy that people notice. Not one to like being in the spotlight, it's also nice to have my existence celebrated. After all, we should always celebrate life!

So what's in store for MY day? Not much out of the ordinary. I had class this morning followed by coffee with Monica and Max. That's always fun! Then home for Brea's nap before it's time to pick Lexi up at school. I did manage to take a shower. I know that doesn't sound very exciting, but I find it difficult some days between my random teaching schedule and the presence of a toddler and a puppy in the house to find 10 minutes to sneak in a shower! During Brea's nap is the best bet, but then I have to worry about what Tilde is chewing on that she's not suppose to OR where I'll find tinkle (or both). I'm happy to report, no mishaps today!

The fam took me out for dinner last night since I have to teach tonight. I always think it feels weird going out for your birthday dinner NOT on your birthday. It was a nice gesture, and as always, we had fun. Family time is just about the best gift I could ever ask for.

Fun phone calls from family and birthday cards in the mail. Little things I look forward to each year. When it's all said and done, that's all I need to make my day special!

I think 33's going to be a good year.


peace

No comments: