Skip to main content

Hair...


Yesterday I cut myself some bangs. I haven't had bangs with this round of grown out hair. I'm ready for something new.

My hair is a constant source of frustration. It's STRAIGHT...except for the annoying cow-lick on the right side of my forehead. It's fine, but there's quiet a bit there. It's impossibly healthy because I don't color, blow dry, use product, curl, straighten...it just exists. Most days you'll find it in a pony, out of the way and forgotten. And even on the RARE occasion that I actually style it, it eventually ends up pulled back or tucked behind my ears.


Lately I've had this urge to go back to super short. I love the carefree style of super short. Wash, a little wax, viola. With my schedule, low maintenance is key. I go online to find photos of examples of cute pixie cuts. All the "reviews" suggest pixie cuts work best on oval faces with fine feminine features, flawless skin, and good make-up. Ummmm....not me!

So I hesitate.

Then I remember why I always grow it out after a year or so of having it super short...because I want to feel more like a girl. I mean it doesn't do much for your self esteem when you're mistaken for a guy! (Yes, it has happened!) And as much as I hate to admit it, I care what people think...especially my hubby who I know loves me regardless, but who prefers my hair longer.

Looking back through photos of me over the past 10 years or so, it seems like I'm always in a stage of growing it out. I actually found this ONE photo of when it was super short the last time around. (Pics of me seem to be few and far between...but that's another issue all together.) Other than the fact I was 40 pounds heaver then than now, I don't think it looks too bad.


But it's not the cute close head hugging pixie I envision. So what's a girl to do? Suggestions welcome!


peace

Comments

Megan said…
I loved it when my hair was short, not as short as you're going for, but it definately was better in the mornings. Didn't really have to do much except dry & a little wax. I've contemplated bangs as well, but not sure I can do it. Then i'll REALLY look like mom!!! Even my hairdresser says she won't cut bangs on me because it'll make me look like my mother!! We go to the same gal. :-)
Anonymous said…
I LOVE the bangs! My vote is your longer hair, I like that better than short. More versatile too, you can pull it back, wear it down, make it curly, keep it straight, etc. I do think you could pull off a shorter cut, though and look just great!

Thanks again for the company on Saturday, it was great to see you!:) Jen
MS said…
I think I like your hair longer, too. Your pigtails are so cute!

My Most Read Thoughts

DIY: Reusable Produce Bags

With Earth Day festivities gearing up for tomorrow, I thought I'd take a moment to post a short DIY tutorial on making your own reusable cloth produce bags. (Tutorial inspired by my favorite crafty mom blog, Crazy Mom Quilts. Produce bags inspired by running into my friend Laura at the grocery store while she was stuffing her produce into these.) This is my next step in the fight against the excessive use of plastic bags.

Our family has been making small environmentally minded changes in our daily lives over the past few years. We use reusable shopping bags. We've stopped buying/using Ziploc bags and plastic wrap. I'm trying to commute around town via bike more. I'm being more mindful about where the food we buy comes from and how it was produced. We more often hang our laundry on the line to dry in the spring and summer instead of just throwing it in the dryer. (Which is convenient at the moment since our dryer has decided to quit drying.) As we use up chemically clean…

Senseless...

Today while I sat in a classroom supervising students as they worked on their math assignments, I watched Lexi through the window enjoying time with her friends during recess. My heart smiled.

Those moments, moments of learning and carefree fun, those are the moments that SHOULD make up a school day. As a Mom, and an elementary school employee, my heart is breaking over the news and images coming out of Connecticut today. 
I send my kids off to school everyday without a second thought that they will return safely come day's end, just as I'm sure each one of those parents in Newtown did this morning.
Every day I walk into my school for work without a second thought to my personal safety, just as I'm sure each of those teachers, paras, custodians, sectretaries, etc in Newtown did this morning. 
Theories will be published. Evidence will be presented. Words will be exchanged about gun control and the need for change in our current culture of violence. I don't suspec…

Sunday Morning Silly...

Once in a while Dando's curiosity urges him to venture off the bookshelf so he check out other toys in the house.




I think he thinks Froggy is missing a few marbles.


peace