Sunday, January 6, 2008

Looking forward to 2008...

On our way to the air port last Monday, my brother and I were recapping 2007 and talking about what's ahead for 2008. I'm not much of a resolution maker. Honestly, I know I'll never stick to them so why cheapen the act for others? I realized during our talk, I think of my years a little different than just the typical January to December calendar. While the start of the new calendar does offer a nice jump off point, I tend to measure my years based on my age. Like the year I was 30, I broke my ankle (downer), but also got pregnant with Brea (upper). And goals for me are often age based. Like before I'm 35 I'd like to get my Yoga Alliance certification as a yoga teacher. But the start of the year does offer a chance to reflect on life...both where you've been and where you're headed. So with all that in mind, here's some of my hopes, dreams, and aspirations for 2008! (In no particular order...)
  • Bike a total of 7500 minutes in 2008. Approximately the equivalent to 1500 miles.
  • Stop consuming empty calories in the form of soda!
  • Take the time at least once a month to pursue personal and professional growth in relationship to my yoga practice.
  • Get a massage at least once every other month.
  • Get to the root of my SI/sciatic nerve problem and make changes in my life to make it go away.
  • Make the shift towards a vegetarian lifestyle.
  • Spend more time playing with my photography and learning how to use my camera in more than just the "point and shoot" mode.
  • Help my family to: be more physically active, eat better, and continue to make changes that help to make a positive impact on the environment and community in which we live.
  • Change my/our relationship to finances, credit, and need to acquire possessions.
  • Have more fun!

Whatever you're hopes and dreams are for 2008, I wish you well on your journey!


peace

1 comment:

s said...

I have slowly cut out most animal products from my diet (with the exception of dairy and some seafood) and I am amazed at how much better I feel. Good luck with these!