- 15-years (how long it's been since I was a senior) is a hard concept for a 6-year-old to grasp being as it's more than twice her age!
- The absence of "Daddy" in photos is abnormal because in her world, we've always been together.
- Who are all these other people with whom I'm pictured and why doesn't she know any of them?
- Ironic? This retired (at least for now) assistant basketball coach wasn't even pictured in her high school varsity team photo.
- Is it bad when you look through the pictures of your classmates and you're surprised that "that guy" was in your class and not a year younger?
- Yes, even though we didn't think so at the time, we had bad hair too!
- Senior quotes are stupid, but apparently continue to be a right of passage.
- High school is like child birth...after a while, even though you know it was painful, all you can remember are the fun times.
- Even though many of us haven't kept in touch over the years, and even though many of us have changed and gone directions in life we may have never imagined as seniors, I think I'll always feel a sort of primal connection to those individuals with whom I shared the high school experience.
On a related, but separate note: I find it interesting when moments pop up that cause me to unexpectedly revert back to that awkward teenage girl from so many years ago? Why is that?